Hot chocolates aren’t just for winter. This decadent drink, (pretty much a liquid dessert) is for every season, but especially camping. Wrap your mitts around your camp cup and warm your little heart with this completely over-the-top boozy hot choccy recipe.
Is there anything better than settling in at the campfire after a day in the wild with a hot choccy in hand? We reckon there is! We’re taking the humble hot choccy one step further, with a subtle boozy kick to produce a delicious bush espresso martini… yeah, thank us later!
- 2 cups milk (any type)
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces of your favourite chocolate
- 3 shots Kahlua
- 4 marshmallows
- Add the milk, cocoa powder and cinnamon to a saucepan and place over a medium-hot flame in the campfire.
- Stir until ingredients are warm and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the Kahlua and chocolate pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the marshmallows on a small stick and toast to perfection in the fire.
- Pour your hot chocolate into two mugs and top it off with your toasted marshmallows.
- Take a sip, die and go to heaven